Orlando Personal Injury Attorneys
Dedicated, Personal Representation
If you have suffered significant physical and financial injuries in an accident caused by someone else, it is crucial that you consider all of your legal options. Filing a personal injury claim in Florida can provide you with the monetary means to recover.
A successful personal injury claim in Florida can enable you to recover damages for:
- Medical bills associated with the injuries
- Short-term or long-term disabilities
- Missed or lost income, including an inability to return to work as a result of the injuries
- Physical and emotional suffering
- Property damage involved in the incident
What’s the Personal Injury Statute of Limitations in Florida?
According to Florida Statutes Annotated section 95.11(3)), the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Florida is four years. The statute of limitations is a law that all states have which dictates how long an injury victims has to file a personal injury claim before they lose their legal right to not only file a claim but pursue compensation for their injuries. Like most states, Florida recognizes certain exceptions when it comes to this four-year "clock." Some exceptions can extent the deadline, while others shorten it. If you have a personal injury case, it is best to talk to an attorney as soon as possible about the specifics of your accident.
Our Personal Injury Service Areas
We have experience assisting clients in cases involving a wide range of injuries and incident types. When you meet with our team, we will review the details of what happened, the injuries that you have suffered, and the available evidence before determining what legal options are available and what types of compensation we can help you pursue. Our Orlando personal injury attorneys can assist you with cases involving:
- Car Accidents. Auto accidents are often caused due to the failure of another motorist to exercise “reasonable care” when behind the wheel. Negligent actions like distracted driving and ignoring traffic signals can result in serious injury and property damage to other drivers and their passengers. In the wake of a car accident, it is important that you consider all of your legal options before speaking to an insurance company. We can help you understand your rights and recover damages if another motorist’s negligence caused
- Truck Accidents. Large trucks and other commercial vehicles can cause catastrophic injuries and damage in a collision, especially if you are in a smaller vehicle. Numerous additional factors must be considered when exploring liability in a commercial trucking accident. The role and responsibility of the truck owner, driver, manufacturer, cargo loader, and trucking company must all be thoroughly evaluated. We can help evaluate the circumstances of the incident, determine who is at fault, and help you recover maximum damages.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Accidents involving motorcycles can be especially catastrophic depending on the size of the other vehicles involved and the exposure of the motorcyclist. Many motorcyclists involved in collisions suffer permanent, life-altering injuries. In some cases, the injuries are so severe that they are not able to return to work, leaving their families in precarious financial positions. Our team can help you pursue the compensation you need if you are unable to return to work or suffer any long-term disabilities.
- Pedestrian Accidents. Even pedestrians that stay on sidewalks, obey traffic signals, and exercise reasonable caution can still be the victims of serious auto accidents. Even relatively slow-moving vehicle collisions can lead to traumatic injuries and chronic conditions. We can work with you to pursue a claim and receive fair compensation to aid in your recovery.
- Slip and Fall Accidents. Property owners are responsible for maintaining reasonably safe conditions in their public and private facilities. If you fall and suffer injuries as a result of poor maintenance, a slick surface, or some other hazardous condition, you may be entitled to compensation. Our team can evaluate the situation and determine if you have a case.
- Premises Liability. Should you be injured in connection with a preventable crime or poor maintenance, you may be able to hold the property owner accountable for failing to maintain a safe establishment. Property owners can often be held liable for failing to adequately repair known defects or instituting reasonable security measures.
- Dog Bites. Pet owners have a responsibility to secure and control their animals. Large dog attacks can result in serious injury and even permanent disfigurement. If you are attacked without provocation, you may be able to recover damages.
- Wrongful Death. There is nothing worse than losing a loved one in an avoidable accident. You deserve compensation if a family member has been killed as a result of someone else’s negligence. No matter the circumstances, we can assist in exploring your legal options and pursuing the necessary legal action.
If you have suffered injuries and are unsure of your rights, do not hesitate to call (407) 337-8799 or contact us online to discuss your situation with us during a free consultation. We offer our legal services in English and Spanish.